Hello,

Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I suppose you could call it the 'Bridget Jones' Diary' (for the wedding industry); I've created it really as a way for me to vent about my upcoming nuptials without boring my nearest and dearest about things that, well, just aren't that important to them but are all I seem to think about now I'm a fully fledged member of the Engagement Club.



Saturday 6 October 2012

Important Announcement!

A couple of months ago, I was talking to a family member whose wedding day was before ours when she said "oh it's soon going to be time for me to actually do something about the wedding!"  After giving what I can only presume was a confused and panic-stricken face on my part, she confessed that she wasn't the type of bride that liked to get stuck into "the whole wedding planning activities" and now it was coming up to less than 6 months to their big day, she wasn't looking forward to the finer details still left to organise.  Now, I know that there are two types of bride; the bride that like the said member of my family, aren't keen on the whole idea of researching, planning, haggling, securing a booking, time lines, schedules, tick lists and all other factors involved, and then there are brides like me.  The obsessive organisers, the research fanatics, the Pintrest board lovers whose boards mostly revolve around colours, themes and favour ideas; those of us who have a two year plus back catalogue of Wedding Ideas Magazine.  Us that feel a wave of pleasure when we can tick something off our list.  (It makes me happy just thinking about striking a line through things).


And this is where I kind of hit a wall in terms of planning our wedding in April.  I couldn't tick anything more off my list.  And it panicked me slightly.  OK, a lot.  I realised that my dress wouldn't come in until August (which is when we said we'd be sorting out the bridesmaid dresses), most things were slowly but surely being paid off, I had designed and got together the materials needed for my invites, the suits were chosen, the vicar had been met, the flowers, cake, photographer and entertainment had all been chosen and booked and the wedding rings were already sat in a cupboard just waiting for the day they'd be slipped (in my mind) elegantly onto our fingers.   What was I meant to do now?  Every time I thought about the wedding plans, I felt a pang of disappointment when I realised that I'd nearly reached the end of my planning stages.  OK, yes, I still had the nitty gritty bits to do, like sending the invites out, creating a table plan (which, by the way, I'd already done a mock up of, whether or not the guests on it confirmed their attendance) and booking my hair and makeup, but the actual important and big decisions had been made.  This made me sad.

So I decided to do something about it.   Already having experience in planning, organising and styling other parties, events and of course my own wedding, I'm very close to completing a certification in advanced wedding planning, design and management which is recognised by the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners.

I would like to announce my new baby; CAS Weddings & Events.   I'm so excited to embark upon my new adventure into the world of weddings and other celebrations and hope I can pass on my enthusiasm to my brides, grooms and all those involved.    I've already had enquiries and have a few brides and grooms I'm working with already!



I'll still be updating this blog from time to time until our wedding vows are said and done but after April 2013, I'll be waving goodbye to these pages to concentrate solely on my new website - CAS Weddings & Events.  


I'll be concentrating on those of you living in the Lincolnshire area, especially the North East and hope that all of you who are already in this amazing industry welcome me with open arms.   For more information on CAS Weddings & Events, please take a little look around my site or my Facebook page.


2 comments:

  1. Everything is very clear.It was truly informative.Your website is very useful.Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you comment - it's much appreciated :o)

    ReplyDelete