Hello,

Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I suppose you could call it the 'Bridget Jones' Diary' (for the wedding industry); I've created it really as a way for me to vent about my upcoming nuptials without boring my nearest and dearest about things that, well, just aren't that important to them but are all I seem to think about now I'm a fully fledged member of the Engagement Club.



Sunday 7 August 2011

Real Brides Q & A

                                  

I'm looking for some real brides and brides-to-be to be to answer a quick few questions about their big day.  Things like, venue location, dress designer, fruit cake or sponge cake....You get the gist.  Just a bit of fun.

Get in touch via Twitter xxChloeWxx, leave me a comment on this post or drop me an email by clicking here and I'll give you a few quick-fire questions which will then appear for all other brides to see!  See below for my example...


Name: Chloe W
Date of Wedding: 6th April 2013
Fiancé(e) Name:  Mr S
Budget:  £0-5000,  £5001-10,000, £10,001- 15,000 , £15,001 – 20,000, More than £20,0001
Church/Civil Ceremony: Church – St Mary’s, Mashchapel, Lincolnshire
Reception:  Habrough Hotel, Habrough, Lincolnshire,
Number of Guests:  approx. 60 day, 130 night.
Insured:  Yes.  E & L Insurance.
Wedding Dress Designer:  TBA – Will be decided on Thursday!
Groom’s Attire:  Not even managed to get him to look at a picture of one yet.  Still looking!          
Number of Bridesmaids:  2
Number of Flower Girls/Page Boys:  2 page boys.                                 
Fruit Cake or Sponge Cake:  Sponge cake
Cake by:  Not ordered yet – still looking!
Photographer:  James Green Studio – James Green Studio
DJ or Band:  DJ but if budget stretched would hire a band also.
Veil, Hairpiece, Flower or Other:  TBA
Shoes:  Will be heels.  Have my eye on a few but will decide after chosen  dress!
Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue?:  My new will be my dress, the others, well, I’m open to offers from nearest and dearest!
Transport to/from Reception:  Still looking!
Sweetie Bar, yes or no?:  I like them but may not have one at my own wedding
Colour Scheme/Theme:  Ivory as a base – English Country Garden.
Are you having entertainment?:  Not sure just yet.
First Dance Song:  TBC
Stationery designed and made by:  Me.  I’ll be making it all myself.
Honeymoon:  Maldives
Any top tips to share?:  Shop around and try not to  pay the first price you’re quoted if you can help it - always try to negotiate.   Also, make the most of friends and family with a talent!
Websites, suppliers or blogs worth a mention:  See the side of my blog page for blogs I follow and ‘My Wedding Suppliers’ page on my blog for, you guessed it, my wedding suppliers!  www.yourchurchwedding.org is an interesting read for those having a church wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment